Looking for a good holiday recipe to bring over for the family get together but trying to avoid the traditional “gut bomb” platters? Try this low sugar healthy version of banana pudding! No one will know they’re actually eating something healthy.
- 1 cup nonfat plain greek yogurt
- 8 oz nonfat frozen cool whip, thawed for about 30 mins
- 2 cups skim milk
- 1/3 cup Skippy natural peanut butter
- 2 small packages nonfat (sugar-free) instant vanilla pudding
- 30 vanilla wafers
- 2 bananas, in 1/4″ slices
- In a large bowl whisk together the peanut butter, cool whip, milk, and greek yogurt until mixed. Stir in the instant pudding until it begins to thicken, but don’t overdo it.
- Use a big glass serving dish and form a layer of vanilla wafers with the flat side facing up. Next add a thin layer of your pudding mix, followed by a layer of banana slices. Repeat this process as necessary to fill your dish. For presentation and some additional flavor you can add crushed vanilla wafers or other fruit like blueberries.