In 2004 Kyle founded Epic Fitness in San Diego, CA after returning from his first deployment in the Marine Corps. After completing his enlistment in 2006, Kyle brought Epic Fitness to Tempe, Arizona where the company is now headquartered and he serves as the CEO.
Kyle started his wellness coaching career in 2001 with youth hockey programs in Phoenix, Arizona and since has trained military personnel, collegiate and pro athletes, firefighters, police officers, college students, and employees of large organizations.
Hobbies include: Mountaineering, hiking, rock climbing, skydiving, hockey and traveling. As of 2016 Kyle had visited 43 countries and 208 cities around the world.
Background and Wellness Experience
- 4 years as an Active Duty US Marine
- Former Sergeant in charge of MALS 16 Marine Corps Fitness Program
- Captain Paramedic with the Tempe Fire Department
- Program Director for the Tempe Fire Department’s Health and Wellness Program
- Instructor for Fitness and Conditioning course at Mesa Community College
- Instructor for Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT) course at Mesa Community College
- Trainer and fitness consultant for Muscle Milk
- Former head coach of La Jolla Country Day Varsity hockey program
Fitness, Wellness, and Medical Training
- Nationally Registered Emergency Paramedic (NREMT-P)
- American Heart Association (Health care provider)
- National Strength and Conditioning Association – Tactical Strength and Conditioning Facilitator (TSAC-F)
- International Sports Science Association – Certified Fitness Trainer (CFT)
- International Sports Science Association – Sports Conditioning Specialist (SCS)